This is whereby an individual, family or organization deposits a lump sum of money with the bank with the aim of gaining interest above the normal interest rates given by the bank.
- It enables the Account Holder to earn a higher rate of interest on their surplus funds (extra money).
- Automatic rollover option on maturity.
- Withdrawals are not allowed. However, in case of emergency, the Bank allows the customer to terminate the fixed account prior to maturity date with some small charges from the interest payable as on that date.
- It encourages savings habits for a longer period of time.
- It enables the depositor to earn a high interest.
- Can invest as much as possible
- Can be pledged as security for any borrowing